AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter The Score Media and Gaming arm of Canadian media business theScore has announced the appointment of Josh Sidsworth as its new general counsel and chief compliance officer. theScore names Sidsworth as new compliance chief Topics: People Sports betting Strategy People Regions: US Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter The Score Media and Gaming arm of Canadian media business theScore has announced the appointment of Josh Sidsworth as its new general counsel and chief compliance officer.Based at theScore’s head office in Toronto, Canada, Sidsworth will lead all legal, regulatory and compliance matters for the business, supporting the multi-state rollout of its theScore Bet mobile sportsbook offering.Sidsworth joins theScore having most recently served as executive vice president corporate development and general counsel for the NRT Group of Companies, a supplier of payment kiosk solutions to casino operators around the world.“I’ve always been a huge fan of theScore and their authentic way of connecting with sports fans,” Sidsworth said. “Building on this connection by offering users an integrated sports media and betting experience is truly unique, and I’m thrilled to be joining the team to help them deliver on this vision.”Read the full story on iGB North America. 10th December 2019 | By contenteditor Email Address
Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited (BOBU.ug) listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange under the Banking sector has released it’s 2018 interim results for the half year.For more information about Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited (BOBU.ug) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited (BOBU.ug) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited (BOBU.ug) 2018 interim results for the half year.Company ProfileBank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited is a leading financial institution in Uganda offering banking products and services to individual, commercial and corporate clients. Its product offering ranges from savings and current accounts, term deposits and loans to letters of credit, bank guarantees, fund transfers and foreign exchange services. The company provides equity brokering services, including investment advisory, securities trading, securities exchange listing and sponsoring and remittance services. Bank of Baroda Uganda has an extensive network of branches and ATMs in the major towns and cities of Uganda and offers convenient banking in the form of Internet and mobile banking services. The financial institution was founded in 1953 and is based in Kampala, Uganda. Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited is a subsidiary of Bank of Baroda. Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited is listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange
Safdarjang Residence / AKDA Architects: AKDA Area Area of this architecture project Houses India ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/962000/safdarjang-residence-akda Clipboard CopyAbout this officeAKDAOfficeFollowProductsStoneConcreteBrick#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesNew DelhiOn FacebookBrick HousesIndiaPublished on May 21, 2021Cite: “Safdarjang Residence / AKDA” 21 May 2021. ArchDaily. Accessed 10 Jun 2021.
Facebook Twitter By Andy Eubank – Feb 14, 2018 Much Concern about President Trump’s Proposed Ag Cuts SHARE Home Indiana Agriculture News Much Concern about President Trump’s Proposed Ag Cuts Facebook Twitter SHARE Previous articleFormer Ag Trade Negotiator Says Much Work Left on NAFTANext articleA Farmer’s View of the Farm Bill Andy Eubank Ag-budget-cutsPresident Trump’s proposed fiscal 2019 Department of Agriculture budget has been released and some are saying his requests hit a brick wall, while lawmakers and lobbyists are saying it is likely dead on arrival. That was also the case last year.Prior to the release American Farm Bureau budget adviser R.J. Karney explained, “The President’s budget is always impactful politically and in terms of guidance. It will be up to Congress to determine how they actually want to appropriate the money. What the President will be doing is sending out his principles and his guidelines as to how he would like to see a budget move forward.”But after the release the budget’s controversial proposals came to light, like targeting crop insurance subsidies to producers that have an adjusted gross income of $500,000 or less and a 12-percent cap on underwriting gains for insurance providers.The administration argues the budget still provides $8.7 billion for the Federal Crop Insurance Program, enough to provide coverage for more than $100 billion in crop value while saving an estimated 33-billion over ten-years.The American Soybean Association made opposition to proposed cuts clear. Their statement warns Congress to avoid the cuts, which would do significant harm to the nation’s soybean farmers, saying “the proposed cuts in crop insurance and farm programs make this budget a non-starter.”The National Corn Growers Association also weighed in by saying the time and place to debate farm bill programs is during the farm bill reauthorization, not the annual budget process. Congress is preparing now to reauthorize the farm bill this year. NCGA wants Congress to reject cuts that would be harmful for rural America, and the organization saidtargeting the federal crop insurance program as the President’s proposal does, “is extremely shortsighted.”The National Association of Conservation Districts also expressed concern “Once again, this administration is calling on American producers to do more with less,” NACD President Brent Van Dyke said. “The President’s budget proposes cuts to almost every area of USDA’s discretionary and mandatory budgets, including nearly $15 billion in cuts to farm bill conservation programs and over a 20 percent reduction to Conservation Operations.” NACD applauds Congress’ past efforts to support the conservation programs most vital to our nation’s natural resources and calls on Congress to oppose President Trump’s FY19 budget.House Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway and Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts issued a joint statement this week.“As Chairmen of the Agriculture Committees, the task at hand is to produce a Farm Bill for the benefit of our farmers, ranchers, consumers and other stakeholders. This budget, as with every other president’s budget before, will not prevent us from doing that job. We are committed to maintaining a strong safety net for agricultural producers during these times of low prices and uncertain markets and continuing to improve our nation’s nutrition programs.”Source: NAFB News Service
June 10, 2021 Find out more to go further NigeriaAfrica July 4, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Men in plainclothes abduct provincial newspaper editor Organisation Reporters Without Borders urges the Nigerian authorities to locate Thomas Thomas, the editor of Global Concord, an independent and outspoken newspaper based in Uyo, the capital of the southeastern state of Akwa Ibom, who was abducted yesterday by three men in plain clothes. The State Security Service (SSS) denies holding him. The SSS is an intelligence service whose agents operate in civilian attire and that has been regularly denounced by RWB for its exactions against journalists. Thomas recently caused a stir by publishing a series of articles about the state government’s alleged mismanagement of public funds, causing governor Godswill Akpabio to take offence.Witnesses report seeing Thomas pursued by a Toyota Corolla at around 6 p.m. on July 2nd. Three armed men in civilian dress got out and forced Thomas to get into their car. He has not been seen since then.When Unyime Equere, the chairman of the newspaper’s editorial board, contacted the head of the SSS in Akwa Ibom, he denied holding Thomas. Equere nonetheless insists that sources close to the SSS say that Thomas is in the agency’s custody.“Thomas must be found as a matter of urgency,” said Cléa Kahn-Sriber, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Africa desk. “If his articles upset the state authorities, legal recourse is available to them but armed intimidation is never justified.”Kahn-Sriber added: “We urge those who kidnapped this journalist to respect the Nigerian constitution, which guarantees media freedom. Thomas must be released without delay.”Nigeria is ranked 112th out of 180 country’s in the 2014 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. Receive email alerts NigeriaAfrica Nigerian investigative journalist forced to flee after massacre disclosures RSF_en Follow the news on Nigeria News January 28, 2021 Find out more Nigerian news site deliberately blocked, expert report confirms (Photo : governor Godswill Akpabio) News Twitter blocked, journalism threatened in Nigeria February 8, 2021 Find out more News News Help by sharing this information
News July 2, 2020 Find out more SerbiaEurope – Central Asia Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says Receive email alerts Reporters Without Borders voiced its support for reporter Dejan Anastasijevic of the weekly Vreme after the police yesterday arrested eight former paramilitaries on suspicion of participating in a grenade attack on his Belgrade home on 14 April.“We hope the detained men are the ones responsible setting off a grenade outside a window of Anastasijevic’s home,” the press freedom organisation said. “It is vital that the authorities continue to demonstrate their determination to quickly identify and punish those responsible for attacks on journalists and their families.”Those detained were members of the Scorpions, a special unit implicated in the deaths of Muslim civilians in Srebrenica in July 1995. A couple of days before the grenade attack on his home, in which no one was hurt, Anastasijevic had said the prison sentences imposed on four ex-Scorpions on 10 April were “too lax.”—————————————————————Grenade explodes in front of journalist’s house May 10, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Eight ex-paramilitaries arrested for grenade attack on journalist’s home RSF_en Serbia and Montenegro: Are judges protecting journalists or their aggressors? Help by sharing this information News News to go further Nearly half of UN member countries have obstructed coronavirus coverage News Organisation Reporters Without Borders condemned a hand-grenade attack early today on the Belgrade home of journalist Dejan Anastasijevic, who covers war crimes and underworld activity for the independent weekly paper Vreme. The journalist and his wife, who were sleeping in the house, were not hurt but windows were smashed and cars parked outside were damaged.“He and his family could have been harmed,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “We trust those responsible will be found so he can continue to work as a journalist in safety.” Serbian prime minister Vojislav Kostunica deplored the attack and ordered a police investigation. Anastasijevic, who was a prosecution witness at the international trial in The Hague of former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, had received threats before the bomb attack. SerbiaEurope – Central Asia Follow the news on Serbia June 7, 2021 Find out more June 29, 2020 Find out more
WhatsApp Local News Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Twitter Pinterest TAGS Facebook Environmental enforcement tracking county crime Ector County Environmental Enforcement officer Rickey George speaks about illegal dumping during a town hall meeting March 19 at Kellus Turner Community Center in West Odessa. Dwindling documentation detailing the county environmental enforcement unit’s activity is one side effect of being short staffed, their director said. Ector County has three officers within their environmental enforcement unit, including the director who also serves as the county’s emergency management coordinator, and they are looking to add to their staff to more effectively combat illegal dumping and handle the administrative workload. The director of the Ector County Environmental Enforcement Unit, Rickey George, said statistics documented by the unit showed 702 total cases were filed between October 2017 and September 2018. The data also tracked monthly totals for the number of junked vehicles removed, 52 overall, as well as about 2,362 tons of trash removed annually. George said the total number of cases in a given year equates to known incidents of illegal dumping to demonstrate a crime analysis of how big the problem is in the county, but not all cases listed are resolved due to a lack of evidence and resources. “That means if we drive by and see a mattress on the side of road then we identify that as an act of illegal dumping and document it as such,” he said. “That doesn’t mean that we know who did it.” Information gathered by the environmental enforcement unit was more in depth in previous years. In 2016, the unit was established as an independent department within Ector County, but before that they had brief stints under the umbrella of both the Ector County Attorney’s Office and the Ector County Health Department. An annual report from 2012 detailed additional information such as the number of citations written, arrests made and community cleanups organized. During that year, the program consisted of one investigator, two part-time deputies and two reserve deputies. The director said improper disposal of litter and solid waste is a health and safety issue for the public. Sewage, medical waste and construction debris are some examples he gave of what officers can find scattered across the 900 square miles in the county. He said illegal dumping is one of many problems the county has experienced with the growth of the county population, and said he intends to ask for more employees for this upcoming budget cycle. Data is often used to help county departments display a need for additional employees, but for George’s unit that may not be necessary. County residents have thrown their support behind the officers during numerous town halls and Ector County commissioners have voiced intent to assist the unit with more funding in the future. George said his primary measure of success is tracking the tons of illegally dumped solid waste and litter cleaned up by offenders since the unit does not keep track of convictions. “We do good to track what we do now,” George said. “It’s very administratively burdensome and we don’t have an administrative assistant,” he said. “You would just be constantly extracting data versus actually working.” Abandoned furniture and garbage found along county roads or left on vacant lots is an ongoing concern for investigators of environmental crimes and George said his small team places a greater importance on being in the field than in the office. By Digital AIM Web Support – February 24, 2021 Previous article052419_Big_Bend_Fire_54.jpgNext articleWonder Girls deadline extended Digital AIM Web Support
Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 448 new cases of Covid 19 reported today Facebook Help sought in search for missing 27 year old in Letterkenny By News Highland – July 12, 2012 Letterkenny Town Council has agreed to spend some money on improvements to Lower Main Street, High Road and Port Road.The council has already secured money to complete improvements on Upper Main Street, and this will be used for the other adjoining streets, backed with money from the Smart Travel Initiative announced last week.Cllr Tadhg Culbert says it’s important to do the work while funding is available:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tadhg830ROADS.mp3[/podcast] Google+ News Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Twitter Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Twitter Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Pinterest WhatsApp NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Council agrees to fund Letterkenny road improvements Previous articleThomas Pringle urges Wallace to answer questions on tax affairsNext articleStranded boat skipper backs calls for Malin Coastguard retention News Highland Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson
Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article … in briefOn 27 Jul 2004 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Thisweek’s news in briefCREopposes mergerTheCommission for Racial Equality (CRE) has voted to oppose government plans tomerge it with other anti-discrimination bodies into a single equality body. Thebody would have an annual budget of £50m and be a ‘one-stop shop’ for anyonefacing any kind of discrimination. However, the CRE’s 13 commissioners voted11-2 for the “unequivocal rejection” of the measure. www.personneltoday.com/goto/24786Cutsto Armed ForcesDefencesecretary Geoff Hoon has announced large cuts in the Armed Forces as part ofmodernisation plans. By 2008, the RAF will shed 7,500 jobs, 1,500 will be lostin the Navy, and a further 10,000 civilian posts will also be cut. Aircraft,tank and ship numbers will also be reduced. www.personneltoday.com/goto/24781PensionsRegulator CEOThefirst chief executive designate of the new Pensions Regulator has beenconfirmed as Tony Hobman, currently CEO of the Occupational Pensions RegulatoryAuthority. The £400m Pension Protection Fund, which he will oversee, isdesigned to protect members of private sector defined benefit schemes whosefirms become insolvent with insufficient funds in their schemes. www.personneltoday.com/goto/24748Onlineand in-depthIt’sGood To Talk – How to involve the unions in information and consultationinitiativesBritsAbroad – What actions employers can bring if they see employees adoptinganti-social behaviour out of work hoursTheNumbers Game – Nine Steps to Making the Most of your HR Metricswww.personneltoday.com/features
There has been a recent shift in global perception of plastics in the environment, resulting in a call for greater action. Science and the popular media have highlighted plastic as an increasing stressor [1 , 2 ]. Efforts have been made to confer protected status to some remote locations, forming some of the world’s largest Marine Protected Areas, including several UK overseas territories. We assessed plastic at these remote Atlantic Marine Protected Areas, surveying the shore, sea surface, water column and seabed, and found drastic changes from 2013–2018. Working from the RRS James Clark Ross at Ascension, St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Gough and the Falkland Islands (Figure 1A), we showed that marine debris on beaches has increased more than 10 fold in the past decade. Sea surface plastics have also increased, with in-water plastics occurring at densities of 0.1 items m–3; plastics on seabeds were observed at ≤ 0.01 items m–2. For the first time, beach densities of plastics at remote South Atlantic sites approached those at industrialised North Atlantic sites. This increase even occurs hundreds of meters down on seamounts. We also investigated plastic incidence in 2,243 animals (comprising 26 species) across remote South Atlantic oceanic food webs, ranging from plankton to seabirds. We found that plastics had been ingested by primary consumers (zooplankton) to top predators (seabirds) at high rates. These findings suggest that MPA status will not mitigate the threat of plastic proliferation to this rich, unique and threatened biodiversity.