Google Maps Street View(NEW YORK) — A New York City transit worker is recovering after he was stabbed on a subway platform on Easter Sunday following an altercation.The Metropolitan Transportation Authority conductor was sitting on a bench at the southbound platform for No. 2, 4 and 5 trains at 149th Street and Grand Concourse in the Bronx when the suspect randomly approached him and slapped him in the face, MTA worker Tina Smith told ABC New York station WABC-TV.The pair then engaged in a physical fight, and the suspect stabbed the MTA worker several times in the shoulder and torso, WABC-TV reported. The 33-year-old conductor was able to hold the suspect, identified as 20-year-old Walter Rivera, down until police arrived and took him into custody.Rivera was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon, according to WABC-TV.The conductor was in uniform when he was attacked, photos posted by WABC-TV show.Smith said the suspect was “looking for trouble.”“Why would you have a knife if you weren’t looking for trouble?” Smith told WABC-TV.An image tweeted by WABC-TV reporter Kemberly Richardson shows the MTA worker being treated for a gaping gash on his upper back. Another photo shows a large knife lying on the platform ground. The conductor, who has been on the job for five years, was taken to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries, according to WABC-TV.Additional details were not immediately available.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Moscow, Russia | AFP |World athletics’ governing body IAAF has ruled to maintain Russia’s suspension, a top Russian athletics official confirmed Friday, TASS news agency reported.“I can confirm, the suspension is upheld,” Mikhail Butov, general secretary of the Russian athletics federation, told TASS. “I cannot give any more comments for the time being.”Russia’s sports minister said the decision had been expected in Moscow and pledged to respond.“The suspension of the Russian athletic federation is an expected decision, we could have assumed this,” Vitaly Mutko told TASS news agency. “We will react.”“We are extremely disappointed by the IAAF’s decision to uphold the ban on all of our track and field athletes, creating the unprecedented situation of a whole nation’s track and field athletes being banned from the Olympics,” the sports ministry said in a statement. Pole vault star Isinbayeva to challenge IAAF decision in court Pole vault star Yelena Isinbayeva said Friday she would challenge in court the IAAF decision to uphold Russia’s suspension that would sideline Russian athletes from the Olympic Games in Rio.“This is a human rights violation. I will not remain silent, I will take measures,” she told TASS news agency. “I will appeal to the human rights court,” she said, without specifying in which court she planned to challenge the ruling. Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2
The Nelson and District Community Complex Arena was filled with pond action this weekend as Princeton Posse head coach Dale Hladun hosted a Showcase Hockey Camp.More than 80 junior-aged players from as far away as Quebec and Philadelphia, Penn., traveled to the Heritage City to display their skills in front of Junior A scouts.“Year’s ago the Royal Bank was held in Prince George and I thought there’s going to be a lot of scouts coming to watch so why don’t I run a Showcase (hockey camp) as well,” said Hladun.“So I did that and for the last four or five years I’ve run a camp in Prince (George).“But then a good friend of mine Simon Wheeldon suggested I come to Nelson,” Hladun added. “Last year we had 65 and this year we hosted 85 players. So I was pretty happy with that number.”The camp was mostly game scenarios so scouts from Junior A to college and university can see the players in action against their peers. “I just believe that there’s a lot of kids in the KIJHL (Kootenay International Junior Hockey League) that need an opportunity to play in front of scouts,” Hladun explained.“Many of them go to the same (BCHL) camps hoping to get a roster spot. But they’re so many good kids in this province that there are not enough roster spots for all of them.”Hladun boasted scouts from leagues in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as Adrian College in Michigan, Portage College in Alberta.There was also KIJHL coaches, including Frank Maida of the Leafs and Castlegar’s Steve Junker.“I don’t care what their level is, we have a spot for you,” said Hladun, putting players from the KIJHL up against other leagues in Western Canada and the United States.“And thanks to these camps some of the older kids in our league, they’re now getting chances to continue playing when a lot of them thought their careers might be over.”Some of the local Nelson players in camp included Dryden Hunt, who spent last season in the Western Hockey League with the Regina Pats, Carsen Willans of the Nelson Leafs, Adam DiBella, who played last year in Saskatchewan and Nelson Midget Rep prospect Colton Dawson.The camp started Friday, concluding Sunday afternoon with the final scrimmage [email protected]
1 Nabil Bentaleb celebrates Tottenham’s penalty against West Ham Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb has rubbished West Ham boss Sam Allardyce’s claims that Spurs striker Harry Kane dived for a penalty in Sunday’s 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane.Allardyce saw his side lose a two-goal lead in their London derby clash, with in-form Kane scoring a last-gasp equaliser after appearing to be hauled down in the area by Alex Song.The Hammers boss, whose side had looked set for three points after goals from Cheikhou Kouyate and Diafra Sakho, was unimpressed and said following the game that Tottenham were ‘desperate’.But Bentaleb defended his side, insisting Allardyce may have been caught up in the heat of the moment – and also suggested Mark Noble was lucky to escape a red card after the Hammers midfielder scythed through him having already been cautioned.“He can say whatever he wants,” Bentaleb said when asked about Allardyce’s remarks.“We scored a penalty in the last minute. Maybe it’s because of this, I can understand if he’s a little bit angry. But it’s not true. Of course it was a penalty – there’s no doubt about that.“If he wants to argue, we could also say Noble could have been sent off. But this is football. Sometimes the referee makes decisions and you just have to shut your mouth and not complain.“The positive thing we can take out of this game is that we believed until the end and once again we scored in the last minute and managed to get that point.”
An investigation has been launched after personal medical files were found dumped in a Letterkenny park.The large file was found dumped close to bushes and a children’s play area at Bernard McGlinchey Park close to Letterkenny University Hospital.A family out walking came across the files which contains sensitive medical history on an elderly woman from the Convoy area. As well as letters to the woman’s GP, the file contains parts of her medical history.How the file ended up dumped in the park is not yet known.Local county councillor Gerry McMonagle, who is a member of the Northwest Regional Health Forum has demanded a full investigation.He told Donegal Daily “A full investigation into how this woman’s file ended up in a public park for anyone to find has to be carried out. Bernard McGlinchey Town park in Letterkenny where medical files were discovered. (North West Newspix)“The hospital and the health board has to find out where this file was stored and how it came to be in a public place apparently dumped.”And Cllr McMonagle said the HSE must also investigate if other patients’ files are missing.“How do we know that there are not a lot of other files missing. A full check-list of all files will now have to be carried out.“I want to know what security measures are in place to secure these files and how come that security was seemingly breached on this occasion.”The woman who found the files while out playing with her children told Donegal Daily she was horrified that somebody’s full medical history was simply dumped in a public park. She said “I wasn’t sure what it was first when the children pointed to it. I had a quick look at it and I was shocked that it was a medical file with all this woman’s medical history in it.“I don’t know how it happened but somebody needs to make sure it doesn’t happen again.“I would be horrified to think my mother’s private hospital records were left in a public park.”The set of medical files found in the town park in Letterkenny. (North West Newspix)The full file has since been handed back to staff at Letterkenny University Hospital. Saolta, the communications Department of Letterkenny University Hospital, is aware of the breach and is due to issue a statement on the matter shortly.Exclusive: Investigation after medical files found in Letterkenny park was last modified: June 12th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:hospitalHSEletterkennymedical filepark
Want to learn more about Final Cut Pro X? Check out the Final Cut Pro section of the Premiumbeat blog! Check out five essential Final Cut Pro audio editing tutorials that will help you increase your turnaround time!Mixing and mastering audio is a challenge for a lot of professional videographers and filmmakers. But that doesn’t have to be the case, thanks to this handy roundup of essential Final Cut Pro audio editing tutorials.1. Audio Basics in Final Cut ProCreated By: Larry JordanIn this clip, Larry Jordan takes us through the workflow of editing a project in Final Cut Pro X. He hits incredibly important topics such as audio techniques, settings, effects and working with music. This is really just a back-to-basics tutorial, which any professional needs every now and again.2. Managing Audio Levels and EditsCreated By: Benjamin HalsallThis tutorial from professional video editor Ben Halsall goes over some essential tips for audio management in Final Cut Pro X. He goes over audio levels, mixing production music, and how to edit audio for techniques such as L cuts.3. Keyframing Audio Effect in Final Cut ProCreated By: Soho EditorsIf you’re looking for professional Final Cut Pro X editing tips, then you’d be hard pressed to find a better source of information than Soho Editors. They are the #1 post-production agency in all of Europe, and their training courses are used by thousands. In this video, we’ll learn audio keyframing basics.4. Adding Sound Effects Into Your TimelineCreated By: Dan AllenIn this tutorial, Dan Allen goes through the process of adding sound effects in Final Cut Pro X. Allen demonstrates how to download the additional content for Final Cut Pro X, in addition to spotlighting FCPX’s Music and Sound Browser. Remember: you can also import outside sound effects by going to File > Import.5. Advanced Audio in Final Cut ProCreated By: Michael WohlMichael Wohl is no stranger to Final Cut Pro X. He’s a professional editor, director, and producer who has used FCPX for many projects. In this video from Michael Horton’s YouTube channel, Wohl goes over advanced audio techniques in Final Cut Pro X.
Day 1 of the 2007 X Blades National 18 Years and Under Championships will commence Wednesday 19 September from 10.00am at the BCU International Stadium Coffs Harbour with all teams looking forward to opening their account at the showcase Junior event of the year.There are several marquee clashes tomorrow in both the Boys and Girls divisions across the 3 respective pools on the Main field that looks in immaculate condition.In Field One action in the Girls 18s Division, 2006 Grand Finalists New South Wales Combined High Schools (NSWCHS) the top seeds in Pool B, kick off the program against a well-credentialed Mets team at 10.00am.Later in the day defending Girls champions Queensland Secondary Schools Touch (QSST) and the top seeds in Pool A, feature on the “TV Field” against Sunshine Coast at 1.20pm.The 2.10pm clash on Field 1 will be a crackerjack contest between the two top seeds in Pool C of the Girls division, South Queensland Sharks and the Southern Suns.In the Boys Competition, Top seeds in Pool C QSST will look to get their 2007 campaign off to a flyer against the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).In Boys Pool A action, defending champions Mets with no less than 10 Australian Youth squad members in their line up, will face up to New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges (NSWCCC) at 3.50pm on the main stadium.2006 Grand Finalists NSWCHS will look to get their 2007 title bid off to a winning start when they confront a well-heeled Sunshine Cast team in the last scheduled fixture game of the day at 4.40pm.There will be 36 games on four fields in nine timeslots tomorrow with the action sure to be fast and furious.Touch Football Australia will keep you updated with all the news, views, and information from the tournament throughout each day on the TFA Home page.For further information and comprehensive results visit the X Blades National 18 Years and Under Website at: http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=742&pID=14 The Schedule of Games – Day 1 Wednesday 19 September 200710.00amGirls’ Pool A R1 QSST v EaglesGirls’ Pool B R1 NSWCHS v MetsGirls’ Pool B R1 NT v NSWCISGirls’ Pool C R1 Sharks v Scorpions10.50amGirls’ Pool A R1 CQ v NSWCCCGirls’ Pool A R1 TouchWest v Sunshine CoastGirls’ Pool B R1 Rebels v CobrasGirls’ Pool C R1 Tasmania v Hornets 11.40amBoys’ Pool A R1 Mets v SharksBoys’ Pool C R1 Tasmania v HornetsBoys’ Pool C R1 QSST v ACTGirls’ Pool C R1 ACT v Suns12.30pmBoys’ Pool A R1 NSWCIS v CobrasBoys’ Pool A R1 SA v NSWCCCBoys’ Pool B R1 NSWCHS v EaglesBoys’ Pool C R1 NT v Suns1.20pmBoys’ Pool B R1 Scorpions v CQBoys’ Pool B R1 Rebels v Sunshine CoastGirls’ Pool A R2 QSST v Sunshine CoastGirls’ Pool B R2 Mets v NT2.10pmGirls’ Pool A R2 Eagles v CQ Girls’ Pool A R2 NSWCCC v TouchWestGirls’ Pool B R2 NSWCHS v CobrasGirls’ Pool C R2 Sharks v Suns3.00pmGirls’ Pool B R2 NSWCIS v RebelsGirls’ Pool C R2 Hornets v ACTGirls’ Pool C R2 Scorpions v TasmaniaBoys’ Pool C R2 QSST v TouchWest3.50pmBoys’ Pool A R2 Mets v NSWCCCBoys’ Pool A R2 Cobras v SA Boys’ Pool A R2 Sharks v NSWCISBoys’ Pool C R2 Suns v Tasmania4.40pmBoys’ Pool B R2 NSWCHS v Sunshine CoastBoys’ Pool B R2 CQ v RebelsBoys’ Pool B R2 Eagles v ScorpionsBoys’ Pool C R2 Hornets v ACT
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Everton post record revenues for second consecutive yearby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton are in a very healthy financial position.The club has posted record revenues for the second year in a row.With total revenues of £189 million for the year, it is a ten percent bump on the figure from last year.The major increases came from sponsorships and commercial revenue, which are up 45 percent.Chief Executive Officer Denise Barrett-Baxendale said in a statement: “For the second consecutive year the club has generated record revenue.”Gate receipts, sponsorship and other commercial income increased significantly by 45 per cent and the continued and quite magnificent support of our fans meant that season tickets reached the cap with more than 10,000 on a waiting list.”This commercial growth demonstrates our progress and we have a vision for the club that is shared on and off the pitch by our majority shareholder, chairman, our board of directors, the Everton leadership team, our director of football and manager.”Chairman Bill Kenwright added: “With Farhad continuing his outstanding commitment, Marcel and Marco driving our first team forward, Unsie continuing to develop some of the best young talent, Denise thrusting our operations ever onward and a fanbase that continues to inspire our ambition, we look forward to the next 12 months with purpose and anticipation.”
Real Madrid striker Benzema unimpressed by L’Equipeby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid striker Karim Benzema is unimpressed by L’Equipe ignoring his work in 2018.The striker failed to make the top 15 strikers list, which featured fellow Frenchman Antoine Griezmann and former Real Madrid teammate Cristiano Ronaldo, yet Benzema took the news relatively well as he made a joke out of the situation.”L’Equipe, my friends, can I be the 16th?” he wrote on Instagram.Benzema on the paper’s 2018 best strikers shortlist: “L’Equipe, my friends, can I be the 16th?Should’ve just let it go ma man pic.twitter.com/wlaZL4aOiT— (@Ultra_Suristic) January 4, 2019 About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say