Concerned residents of Hauraruni Village, Linden-Soesdyke Highway, are calling on the relevant authorities to hear their pleas and urgently repair their rapidly deteriorating main access road. According to residents who reached out to Guyana Times, the community has a clinic and schools (nursery, primary, and secondary), which are all utilised by its 250 residents and other persons of nearby communities, but the road is in a bad state.These persons have been using the deteriorated main access road to access these facilities, a resident said.There has been no sign of rehabilitation plans being put into place, although the Community Development Council (CDC) Chairman as well as religious leaders within the community had written multiple letters to the Public Infrastructure Ministry on the matter.Hauraruni CDC Chairman Debra Wong told this publication that there has been no response to the letters to date and no work done on the road for decades.“To date, there has been no response, I’ve planned to visit and I plan to write again (to the Public Infrastructure Ministry), but previously other leaders would have been writing over the years, no response.… a letter was also sent to the national CDC officer… the Government not doing anything on the road…under the previous administration, we were told that our community is a private community and nothing can be done about our road. But we still pursue, we still continue writing.”In addition, the residents are frustrated, since they have to traverse the road with their vehicles, which is proving costly since damage is recorded daily.According to the residents, when it rains, it is difficult to travel since the road is in a bad state and it is too far to walk (to get out of the village).Another resident, Pastor Jonathan Banwarie related to this newspaper that “the road has been in a deteriorated state over 30 years. We wrote letters and we’ve been appealing to the Government a while now. We are very much affected, because in here we have farmers who would have to take out their produce, people who normally go out with their vehicles, it would damage the vehicle tyres and parts.“It’s the main road. And we, the villagers, would try to make it, but we never got any help from the Government. We would normally take broken bricks and put them on the road,” he said.He also related that the church in Hauraruni is known for holding conferences, conventions and youths camps with over 800 persons attending and that was one of the reasons why the road should be fixed.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant “Sound of Music,” 8 p.m. at Glendale Center Theatre, 324 N. Orange St., Glendale. Tickets: $20-$23. Call (818) 244-8481. “Mozart in Love,” 8 p.m. at Preus-Brandt Forum, California Lutheran University, 60 W. Olsen Blvd., Thousand Oaks. Tickets: $8, free with CLU student I.D. Call (805) 493-3306. Oscar Shorts, a screening of Oscar-nominated movies through March 12, will begin at the Egyptian Theatre, 6712 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood. Tickets: $9; $7 for seniors and students. Cinematheque members: $6. Call (323) 466-FILM for showtimes or visit www.egyptiantheatre.com. Mail Datebook entries – including time, date, location and a phone number – to Daily News City Desk, P.O. Box 4200, Woodland Hills, CA 91365; fax (818) 713-0058; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. THURSDAY: Moderate hike, 8 a.m. at Mission Point, Bee Canyon, O’Melveny Park, Granada Hills. Take the Ronald Reagan Freeway to Balboa Boulevard, north to Orozco Street, left half-mile to end, left on Sesnon Boulevard to parking lot on right. Call (213) 387-4287. San Fernando Valley Iris Society will meet, 7 p.m. at Canoga Park Women’s Club, 7401 Jordan St., Canoga Park. Free. Call (818) 592-0358. Waste Management will hold a Spanish-language community outreach meeting (translation into English), 7 p.m. at John Francis Polytechnic High School cafeteria, 12431 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley. Thousand Oaks African Violet Society will meet, 7 p.m. at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 667 Dos Rios Road, Thousand Oaks. Call (805) 581-0014. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Tottenham predicted XI to face Brighton with Mourinho expected to make big changes Most read in football latest How Liverpool could line up at Leicester with midfielder set for lengthy absence Every Championship club’s best signing of the decade, including Taarabt and Dack 1 predicted Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade silverware He spent last season in the Cadet A team, and looked set to move straight up to Juvenil A for 2018/19.However, it now appears Gonzalez is set to leave Catalonia to move abroad, having received offers from European clubs.Sport say Manchester United are the ‘main candidates’ to sign Gonzalez, as their scout David Harrison has a good relationship with the player and his father. Harrison and Fran Gonzalez worked together at Manchester City for a few months after the latter joined City with Pep Guardiola, before Harrison swapped the Etihad for Old Trafford. impact ALTERED The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Gonzalez was linked with a move to City in the summer of 2016 when his father joined the reigning Premier League champions, but no deal was completed to bring the youngster over from Spain.The report does say nothing is decided as of yet regarding Gonzalez’s future, although the midfielder has been left out of the Juvenil A and B squads for next season at this moment in time, amid the offers for him. smart causal Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update gameday cracker Gonzalez spent last season in Barca’s Cadet A team who plays? revealed BEST OF Manchester United have made an offer to sign Nico Gonzalez from Barcelona, according to reports.Gonzalez, 16, is the son of Fran Gonzalez, the former Deportivo La Coruna and Spain midfielder, and he’s spent his short career progressing through Barca’s academy system. England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won How Man United could line up for Newcastle clash – will Pogba start? Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT
Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Zaha struggled when he moved to United in 2013, being loaned out more times than he made Premier League appearances for the club RANKED TOP WORK Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland The winger has appeared in three of Palace’s four pre-season matches so far Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti 4 4 Allardyce managed Zaha for five months as Palace boss and believes the time is right for him to make the step up to a bigger club 4 Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing LATEST Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer IN DEMAND Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade REVEALED Zaha has reportedly turned down Everton as he seeks a move to the top six Allardyce managed Zaha as Eagles boss in the 2016/17 season and told talkSPORT: “He’s ready, because of the experience of Manchester United and then coming back to Palace and re-establishing himself as a top player.“A few years have moved on and he’s established himself even more as one of the most talented players in his position in the league.“The last two seasons in particular have shown his maturity, and his end product has got better.“He’s not only played out wide, but Roy (Hodgson) has used him through the middle successfully. The £30m Chelsea bid also included Danny Drinkwater heading in the opposite direction, while Tottenham are preparing a £45m offer with £15m add-ons and a large sell-on clause, according to the Sun.Palace have held firm over Zaha, 25, who could command a £70m fee if the south London club get their way.The Ivorian rejected a new contract at Selhurst Park, while also turning down Everton’s advances in favour of a move to one of the Premier League’s established top six.He failed to make the grade at Manchester United between 2013 and 2015, eventually returning to Palace, but Allardyce now thinks he has matured enough since then to make the jump. Chelsea will bid again for Wilfried Zaha after having their £30million opening offer rejected.The winger is linked with the Blues and Tottenham and has been told by former Crystal Palace boss Sam Allardyce he is ‘ready’ for a move to a top club. Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ targets three-way race moving on Latest Transfer News LIVING THE DREAM Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father targets 4 The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star “It’s London, where he prefers, so he’d be more comfortable there (than United).“So, as much as I don’t like to say this to Crystal Palace fans who I love, it is probably time for Wilfried to move on, and get that next challenge under his belt.“I do think the fee would have to be much bigger than what Chelsea are talking about.”Chelsea are likely to need to sell Willian to fund a bigger bid, with the Brazilian winger subject to interest from Real Madrid in a potential £65m deal after turning up for training five days late, citing a passport issue.
PEOPLE using a disused business park for recreation have been warned to stay away from a wall – after part of it collapsed over the weekend.The Letterkenny business park has become a popular area for walkers and dog owners in recent years.But a wall near one IDA building has collapsed into a car park. WARNING AFTER WALL ALONG POPULAR WALKING ROUTE COLLAPSES was last modified: April 29th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A spectacular video captured by Iain Miller shows the force of Storm Fionn as it battered Gweedore’s coastline yesterday.Mountaineer Iain shot this video at 4pm yesterday when Storm Fionn made landfall at Cnoc Fola.Speaking to Donegal Daily, Iain explained what the weather conditions were like during the shoot. “There was a 100km/hr westerly wind and 8.7m westerly swell combined with a low mid tide, creating a chaotic emulsified sea state with heaving geos filled with thick salt foam, it also just began to sleet heavily.”Although Storm Fionn has now passed over Ireland, further adverse weather is forecast for Donegal.Gusty winds and heavy rain and snow showers are expected to strike tonight as a “deepening depression” casts over Donegal, with lowest temperatures of 0 to 3 degrees. Do you have any pictures or videos you’d like to send our way? Email us at email@example.comWatch: Heavy seas batter Donegal coastline was last modified: January 17th, 2018 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Bloody ForelanddonegalGweedoreheavy seasstorm fionn
Rob van Vuuren’s acclaimed one-man play “Electric Juju”, a tale of redemption set in a magical landscape of gods, monsters and heroes, is set to become a 2D animated feature-length film. Cape Town-based Clockwork Zoo will be putting it together in collaboration with animators from around the world.Click arrow to play video.Posted on SouthAfrica.info on 9 July 2009.
On a typical $300 ticket flying on a standard 180-seat aircraft on a four-hour flight in the USA the break down looks something like this, according to a USA Today survey: Staff Costs $60Taxes $42Fuel $87Maintenance $33Other fees and charges $75Profit $3
Shamin ChibbaTech-savvy South African expats are making their mark in software development across the world, but their expertise is yet to benefit the country of their birth. To examine how to fix this, Brand South Africa hosted an international Google Hangout bringing together some of the best global South African minds in digital technology.Held at Wits University’s Johannesburg Centre of Software Engineering (JCSE) on Tuesday 24 June, the discussion focused on how South Africa can turn its brain drain into brain gain by bringing expats’ knowledge and experience back home.Panellists included the South African founders of top international software companies, including Vinny Lingham, the co-founder of Gyft, Yola and Silicon Cape; Pieter de Villiers, co-founder of Clickatell; Donovan Neale-May, executive director of the Chief Marketing Officer Council; and Alpha Software co-founder Richard Rabins.Simon Barber, Brand South Africa’s country manager for the US, said the National Development Plan offered huge scope for plugging in expat skills, knowledge and connections. De Villiers agreed, saying software development and expat involvement should be viewed with the NDP goals of reducing poverty and inequality in mind.JCSE head Barry Dwolatzky said South African expats can be used to bring value to the local software development industry. “All of you out there are not lost people but are bridges that can be used to link what we are doing here in South Africa.” Watch the full Google Hangout session: