An Early Bowl Game Is Changing Its Location This Year

first_imgAn interior view of the Tampa bay Buccaneers stadium.Raymond James Stadium scoreboard and pirate ship as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers host the Baltimore Ravens September 10, 2006 in Tampa. The Ravens defeated the Bucs 27 – 0. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl is on the move. It isn’t going very far though.For the last decade, the bowl has changed its name many times but was always played at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg. However, it will head to Tampa Bay this year, according to Brett McMurphy.The game will be played at Raymond James Stadium, home of the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the annual Outback Bowl.Sources: After 10 years, Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl is leaving St. Pete’s Tropicana Field for Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium https://t.co/rXokphvjNJ— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) May 23, 2018According to McMurphy, attendance is a major reason for this change. The game hasn’t topped 17,000 fans in each of the last three seasons.What the game has lacked in fan support, it has more than made up for in names. In the past, the bowl has been known as the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl; St. Petersburg Bowl Presented by Beef ‘O’ Brady’s; Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl; Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl and St. Petersburg Bowl.It was renamed the Gasparilla Bowl in 2017, with Bad Boy Mowers signing a three-year naming rights deal.The Gasparilla Bowl is typically played in the week before Christmas as one of the earlier bowl games, although it was held on December 26 from 2014-16.  Temple won last year’s game over FIU by a score of 28-3.Past MVPs of the St. Petersburg/Beef O’Brady’s/Gasparilla Bowl include current NFL players Mohamed Sanu (Rutgers), Jacoby Brissett (NC State) and Blake Bortles (UCF).last_img read more

CWC did not caste aspersions on any individual discussed performance Congress

first_imgNew Delhi: The Congress said on Monday that the CWC meeting on Saturday held a collective deliberation on the partys performance in the Lok Sabha polls instead of casting aspersions on the role or conduct of any specific individual and any “conjectures, speculations, insinuations, assumptions” in the media about its deliberations were “uncalled for and unwarranted”. In a statement released, Congress Communications In-charge Randeep Singh Surjewala said that the party has authorised its President Rahul Gandhi to go for radical changes and a complete organisational overhaul. Also Read – Dussehra with a ‘green’ twist He said the Congress Working Committee, which is the highest decision making body of the party, is a democratic forum to exchange ideas, formulates policies and takes corrective action. “In this realm and context, members of the CWC expressed their views in the meeting on May 25, 2019. The CWC looked at the reverses in the Lok Sabha elections as an opportunity for radical changes and a complete organisational overhaul, for which it authorized the Congress President Rahul Gandhi,” he said. Also Read – India receives its first Rafale fighter jet from France “The Congress party expects everyone, including the media to respect the sanctity of a closed door meeting of the CWC. Various conjectures, speculations, insinuations, assumptions, gossip and rumour mongering in a section of the media is uncalled for and unwarranted,” Surjewala said. He said the gist of deliberations was made public in the CWC resolution of May 25. “The CWC held a collective deliberation on the performance of the party, the challenges before it as also the way ahead, instead of casting aspersions on the role or conduct of any specific individual. We would request everyone, including the media, to not fall into the trap of conjectures or speculations and await the calibrated efforts by the Congress party towards future course of action,” he said. The CWC had rejected the offer of resignation made by Rahul Gandhi following the party’s debacle in the Lok Sabha elecitons. There have been reports in the media of Rahul Gandhi conveying at the meeting that Congress Chief Ministers Ashok Gehlot and Kamal Nath wanted tickets for their sons but he was not very keen on it.last_img read more