Steven Davis pushing to leave Southampton for Rangers returnby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSteven Davis is set to leave Southampton for a return to Rangers.Davis is in the final six months of his contract and Steven Gerrard is keen to bring him back to Ibrox, says the Daily Mail. Gers will try to sign him for a small compensation fee this month.The 33-year-old, who has started just two times this season, is understood to be keen on the idea of returning to Ibrox to gain more regular playing time. The experienced Northern Ireland international is a firm favourite with the Rangers fans having made over 140 appearances for the club during a four-year spell between 2008-12. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Twitter/@BigTenNetworkThe first episode of Big Ten Network’s Hard Knocks-style documentary series about Ohio State football, Scarlet & Gray Days, premiered tonight, and it promises to be an incredibly fun look inside the defending national champions as we head towards the season. The episode highlighted a few players, including quarterback Cardale Jones, QB-turned-receiver and h-back Braxton Miller, and linebacker Josh Perry. Here are our five favorite moments from the pilot episode.1.) Josh Perry describes his Ronda Rousey-based beef with Cardale Jones:Cardale may have the shirt, but Perry has the photo. We expect this to be a recurring storyline.2.) Braxton Miller gets burgers and hot dogs, while Cardale Jones gets the first class meal:Lesson learned: even former Big Ten Players of the Year have to eat the worse meal if they oversleep before a workout.3.) Big brothers are chosen for Ohio State freshmen:Very cool, and funny look inside the process.4.) Cornerbacks coach Kerry Coombs trash talks h-back Jalin Marshall:Every year when HBO does Hard Knocks, one of the assistant coaches is a breakout star. For Scarlet & Gray Days, it looks like Coombs will be that guy.5.) Urban Meyer coaches up Braxton Miller at wide receiver:Is there a more intriguing skill position player in the country right now?Overall, very fun first episode from Big Ten Network. This will certainly help us get through these long last few weeks before football officially begins.
Twitter You can take the boy out of Canada but you can’t take Canada out of the boy. When I meet with Brampton, Ont.-born Michael Cera to chat about his new project, The Lego Batman Movie, he’s having lunch, eating a Waldorf salad. The 28-year-old began his career in Canada with a Tim Hortons summer camp commercial before decamping to the United States, finding fame with Arrested Development and a string of successful movies like Superbad and Juno, but has retained his disarming Canadian politeness. I walk in, he jumps up, “Do you want anything? Cheese? A coffee? How are you doing?” Facebook Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With: Advertisement Advertisement
OSU senior guard Ameryst Alston (14) during a game against Illinois on Feb. 21 at the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Brooke Profitt | Lantern PhotographerThe postseason is upon the Ohio State women’s basketball team. It’s the time of the year that every team plays for. One loss is all it takes to dash a team’s desires. For OSU, that second season begins with the Big Ten tournament in Indianapolis at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse this weekend. No. 9 OSU enters the tournament hungry for wins and a chance to play for the hardware. The Buckeyes are the second seed in the tournament, which earns it a two-round bye. That rest could provide the Buckeyes a little bit of time to regroup after a tough end to their regular season.“We have a great opportunity heading to Indianapolis. It’s going to be a competitive tournament,” OSU coach Kevin McGuff said. “We had a tough week last week, but we control our destiny, and I think we can beat anybody that we are going to play if we have the right mindset and we really compete to win.” The Buckeyes are scheduled to kick off their tournament journey Friday night at 6:30 p.m. against the winner of a game between Rutgers and Nebraska. OSU beat both teams handily during the regular season.The contest between the Scarlet Knights and the Huskers is scheduled for Thursday evening, and the Buckeyes will have their eyes glued to the television to scout their two possible opponents.OSU is not satisfied with completing the regular season on a two-game losing streak, sophomore guard Kelsey Mitchell said. The Buckeyes first lost to Minnesota in overtime and then to Michigan State in triple overtime in the finale. However, Mitchell said they have put the past behind them and have been focused on the task at hand.“We didn’t have the week we wanted to have,” she said. “It’s just one of those things where we have to turn the page. We have to get back to how things were.”Rating RutgersRutgers enters the Big Ten tournament as the No. 10 seed with hope to prove itself to the rest of the conference. Coming off a 72-50 win over Michigan, the Scarlet Knights have a lot of confidence. They lean on senior forward Kahleah Copper, who averages 17.3 points per game and earned second-team All-Big Ten honors. Against the Buckeyes, Copper scored 19 points in the first meeting and 18 the second. The Philadelphia native is known for her ability to drive to the basket and finish with authority. Copper’s counterpart is junior guard Tyler Scaife, who was also selected to the All-Big Ten second team. The speedy Scaife averages 17.6 points per game and has had OSU’s number this season, putting up 27 points when visiting Columbus earlier in the year. When OSU traveled to Piscataway, New Jersey, a couple of weeks later, Scaife contributed 13 points and four assists. If Rutgers is the team OSU plays on Friday, the Buckeyes will likely put their focus on stopping Copper and Scaife in order to come out on top.Nebraska notesNebraska is full of standout players who could potentially give the Buckeyes trouble if the Cornhuskers defeat Rutgers on Thursday. The No. 7 seed enters the tournament on the heels of a 76-67 victory over Northwestern on Sunday afternoon.Nebraska forward Jessica Shepard was awarded Big Ten Freshman of the Year, as she averaged 19.5 points and 8.8 rebounds per game. The 6-foot-4 forward is adept at scoring down low and has proven to be one of the top post players in the conference throughout the course of the season. Last time out against the Buckeyes, Shepard dropped 20 points, all of which came inside the paint. All-Big TenOn Monday night, the Big Ten announced its all-conference teams, and four Buckeyes were chosen.Joining Mitchell, a unanimous selection, on the first-team is senior guard Ameryst Alston.Alston is No. 7 in scoring in the Big Ten with 19.5 points per game, while also being tied for 10th in the Big Ten in assists with 3.9 dimes per game.“I appreciate that award,” Alston said. “It’s not something that we really pay attention to, but I am grateful that I was chosen.”The second-team All-Big Ten squad included junior forward Shayla Cooper and sophomore forward Alexa Hart. Hart was also named to the All-Big Ten defensive team. She has been the defensive anchor for the Buckeyes this season, swatting away 2.6 shots per game. Despite the individual accolades that they receive, McGuff said his team is more focused on winning games.“They are into the team stuff and they want the team to do well, and that’s what makes them great kids and great players,” McGuff said.The Buckeyes will look to have a productive Thursday prior to hopping on the bus to Indianapolis. If they win Friday, the tournament semifinal is set for the next day.
Argentina are in need of a new manager, after the departure of Jorge Sampaoli, and Carlos Tevez has named the man he would like to see in charge of the former World ChampionsArgentine Football Association (AFA) confirmed that they had parted ways with Sampaoli following the national side’s disappointing World Cup campaign that had seen them barely manage to scrape through the group stages of the competition before falling to eventual champions France in the Round of 16 with a 4-3 defeat.While much of the attention has been on the uncertain future of their all-time record goalscorer Lionel Messi, there is still the matter of appointing a new head coach – which could have a decisive impact on the Barcelona star’s final decision.The AFA released a statement on Twitter on Wednesday confirming that the decision process for a new coach will not be decided until July 31.#Comunicado Tras la salida de Jorge Sampaoli, la AFA informa que al día de la fecha no se ha iniciado ningún tipo de gestión ni se ha dialogado con ningún entrenador. El próximo 31 de julio, en reunión de Comité Ejecutivo, la dirigencia evaluará los pasos a seguir. pic.twitter.com/qo492V2BWv— AFA (@afa) July 18, 2018Top 5 best players from the international break weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 After a fresh international break just came to an end, we need to talk about the Top 5 best players during this whole weekend.We…But Tevez already knows who he wants in charge at Argentina and has named Columbia boss Jose Pekerman as the man for the job.The 68-year-old previously guided Argentina to the quarter-finals of the 2006 World Cup and Tevez believes that he is the best candidate for the position.He told ESPN: “I think that the closest we were of winning a World Cup was with Jose [Pekerman],”“When I felt closest to winning the World Cup was with Jose. If we had beaten Germany [in the 2006 quarter-finals], we knew we were going to be champions and we lost on penalties.“Jose’s era has taught me a lot from when I was a kid, I am very grateful to him, to Hugo Tocalli, to professor [Gerardo] Salorio to [Eduardo Julio] Ortasun… because today I am what I am because they put a grain of sand in what I was. I will always be grateful to them because they taught me a lot.“They taught me to be a professional at 14 years old and today I continue at 34. It is essential to start as a child. From my personal experience, I think Jose is the man who can do it [be Argentina coach] quietly because he knows what is being talked about.”Former Peru manager Ricardo Gareca has also been linked with the vacant post.
Former Arsenal star Robert Pires insists Celtic Football Club is still a good club for young players to develop as their players.French youngsters, Olivier Ntcham and £9million striker Odsonne Edouard have followed the path taken by new Olympique Lyon striker Moussa Dembele.Dembele’s £20m exit from Celtic may have been shrouded in acrimony, Pires points to it as evidence that Parkhead can be a profitable place for youngsters to develop.“For these guys it’s a good opportunity to play for Celtic because they can play in the Europa League and fight for the title with Rangers,” Pires said, according to Daily Mail.“It is an opportunity to play with a great club such as Celtic, everyone in Europe knows them. Then, for the future, if you play very well you can join the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A.”Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“Dembele played very well when he was at Celtic. But, for any French player, an opportunity to sign for Lyon is very tempting because they are a very good club in France.”“I think he can help Lyon. He is fast, has very good skills and can score goals. He looks like he will be very important to that team.”“But when a player changes the country, they always need to adapt to this new life. Some fans and media tell you that playing football is the same everywhere. It’s not.”“When you change country it is totally different. In Scotland it might be more physical than France, so you need that period to adapt. But I think he has started well at Lyon, showing why they spent that money.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, October 7, 2017 – Nassau – The Antiquities, Monuments & Museums Corporation (AMMC) will host a Living History Awards ceremony in early December at Baha Mar to recognize Bahamian talent and create greater awareness of the role, significance and contributions of the AMMC. Executive Chairman Reece Chipman made the announcement on Thursday at the AMMC offices on Shirley Street.The public will nominate persons for awards in these categories: Research and Education, Architecture and Historical Restoration, Oral History and Genealogy, Youth Entrepreneurship and Vendor Award, Historic Districts and Townships, Journalism and Talk Shows, Artistry and Craftsmanship, Technology and Social Media, Historic Churches and Faith Centers, Archaeological and Paleontological Research, Junkanoo Heritage, Cinematography and Photography, and Festivals and Events, among others.Funds raised from the AMMC Living History Awards will be used to facilitate the preservation and restoration of important historic resources throughout The Bahamas. Corporate Bahamas is being invited to partner with the AMMC on this event through several different sponsorship packages.More information about the awards gala can be found on the AMMC website, www.ammcbahamas.com, or by calling 242-397-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgBy: Sydnei Isaacs (BIS)Photo caption: Executive Chairman of AMMC Reece Chipman, right, addresses a press conference on Thursday to announce a Living History Awards ceremony for December. Pictured at AMMC from left: Graphic Artist Reuno Pratt, AMMC Assistant Director Dr. Michael Pateman, and AMMC Director Dr. Keith Tinker. Also present were AMMC Board Member Dr. Gail Saunders, Event Manager Kinara Lloyd, and AMMC Secretary to the Corporation Kim Burrows. (BIS Photo)
SCR 17 is now on its way to the Alaska House of Representatives for consideration. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Senate unanimously approved a resolution proclaiming the month of April 2018 as Sexual Assault Awareness Month. SCR 17, sponsored by Senator Kevin Meyer (R-Anchorage), encourages Alaskans to observe Sexual Assault Awareness Month by acting to prevent sexual violence. Sen. Meyer: “In our homes, in relationships, or in our communities, everyone deserves a life free of fear and violence.” Sen. Meyer: “Despite tremendous progress, Alaska still has the highest rates of sexual violence in the nation.” According to a 2015 Alaska Victimization Survey, One-third of adult women in Alaska have experienced sexual violence, and roughly half have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, SCR 17 also recognizes Alaska’s volunteers, staff and agencies working to end sexual assault; in 2016 alone, over 3,100 volunteers devoted 48,483 hours of service in Alaska. Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-SA-month.mp3VmJennifer-on-SA-month.mp300:00RPd
Kenai City Manager Paul Ostrander: “The dipnet fishery was significantly down from previous years. Our gross revenue for the year was $375,000 that compares to a gross revenue of last year of $547,000.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The City of Kenai released its Quarterly Personal Use Fishery Fund Expenditure Report showing a decline in the 2018 fishery. According to the report the overall fishery was down 34.96% in overall revenue. That includes; beach parking, camping, dock launch and parking, drop off fees, and interest earnings. The 2018 Kenai Personal Use Fishery opened at 6:00 a.m. on July 10 and closed at 12:01 a.m., on July 30. The fishery closed two days early per emergency order from the Department of Fish and Game. The DF&G announced the early closure to the dipnet fishery in order to meet the sustainable escapement goal of 700,000 to 1.2 million late-run sockeye salmon in the Kenai River–a goal officials say “would not be met without a reduction in harvest of this stock.”
Share Laura Skelding: O’Rourke/Douglas Young: CruzU.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso (left), and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.When U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke announced his latest fundraising haul earlier this month – a stunning $6.7 million – it was widely expected to surpass what his rival, Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, brought in over the same period. Now it’s clear by how much: roughly $3.5 million.Cruz raised $3.2 million in the first three months of this year, according to his campaign. He also will report having $8.2 million on hand.O’Rourke, an El Paso Democrat, did not outpace just Cruz – he posted one of the top quarterly federal fundraisers ever, outside of presidential campaigns. Along with the sheer size of his fundraising, O’Rourke’s campaign has also drawn attention for eschewing support from political action committees.O’Rourke announced his fundraising numbers earlier this month. Outside of O’Rourke’s large sum, Cruz’s fundraising would be considered robust for any incumbent seeking re-election.Since his plans to vacate his U.S. House seat in a bid to unseat Cruz a year ago, O’Rourke has frequently outpaced Cruz on the hard-dollar fundraising front. But Cruz also has a network of aligned groups that will spend on his behalf in the race. He is also expected to have massive super PAC support in the fall while O’Rourke has publicly asked super PACs to not help him in the race. Texas hasn’t elected a Democrat to statewide office since 1994. But O’Rourke’s campaign has excited Democrats around the country, in part due to his ability to draw large crowds around Texas, including in some conservative strongholds.Yet the enthusiasm behind O’Rourke’s bid remains perplexing to some national political observers. While repeatedly outraising an incumbent helps a challenger signal that their campaign in viable, most political insiders say privately if not publicly that Cruz remains in a strong position to win re-election.